- Possible Santa Anita Derby horses The Factor and Sway Away ran in the Rebel stakes last week with mixed results. The Factor won, while Sway Away finished off the board while losing a tooth. It looks like both will be headed to the Arkansas Derby instead, according to their trainer's comments
- Silver Medallion is being pointed to the Santa Anita Derby, and Garrett Gomez
will have the mount in the race. He worked out on 3/23 (Wed.) at Santa Anita 5 furlongs in 1:02.40, the 56th out of 76 works.
- Mr Commons, who won a first level allowance last out, has thrown back-to-back bullets, the latest being 6 furlongs in 1:11.80 at Hollywood Park on 3/22 (Tue.)
- Jaycito worked at Hollywood Park in his first work since the San Felipe 4 furlongs in 48.40 on 3/22. Baffert says that he could be headed to the Wood Memorial at Aqueduct on the same day instead.
- Anthony's Cross, winner of the Robert E. Lewis, continued working towards the Santa Anita Derby with a bullet 4 furlong work in 46.8 at Hollywood Park on 3/20 (Sun.)
Thursday, March 24, 2011
Drought Report - 3/24
This week's drought report is rather light, so well go all bullets with it.