- Unless Tres Borrachos pulls off a major upset, this year's Dirt Mile winner will be the first to NOT have prepped in a nine furlong race in their previous start.
- Bob Baffert will have 40% of his entrants breaking from post position number one, including three of the four dirt Sprint races, with only Secret Circle avoiding the rail in the sprints.
- As expected, the U.S-based runners in the BC Turf are the four longest shots on the morning line. The division has fallen hard this year.
- Medaglia DAmour has a real chance to blow up the tote in the Ladies' Classic.
- Jackson Bend going in the Sprint instead of the Dirt Mile might have cost him a chance at the Eclipse award for Champion Sprinter. If 6 furlongs proves to be too short and someone like Caleb's Posse or The Factor wins the Dirt Mile, they could snatch the award away from him.
- Loved the lively debate on Twitter today about why Uncle Mo will be the post-time favorite in the Classic.
- Honestly, what was Mike Battaglia thinking when he made up the morning line for the Juvenile Fillies Turf? 134.76% is never an acceptable total for a set of odds, not even with the 20-runner Kentucky Derby!
Monday, October 31, 2011
A Few Random BC Post-Draw Thoughts
A few random BC post-draw thoughts: